NSW Harrassment, Cyber Bully

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
9 June 2017
We are in the process of reporting a matter to police which involves one persons actions and several offenses including stalking, using a carriage service to menace, harass and cause offense. We have a cyber consultant assisting with the documentation in preparation.

My question is that once a criminal conviction has been made (and based on evidence it should) are we able to take out a civil claim for compensation.?

Thank you in advance.

We have gone through the legal process of a concerns notice, reporting to our local police who were not concerned, and reported to Facebook and Google - there was no success.

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Shelley,
You are always able to apply for damages. Waiting for the criminal case to be completed provides you with the evidence to support your claim. I would speak with a lawyer now to make sure you don't delay the process.

Reactions: Shelley Roberts
9 June 2017
Hi Shelley,
You are always able to apply for damages. Waiting for the criminal case to be completed provides you with the evidence to support your claim. I would speak with a lawyer now to make sure you don't delay the process.

Thank you Lance for replying I will pass this on to our consultant, we are blessed that we have her support. I appreciate your time.

Shelley