Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Family Law - Can We Sell Mother's House and Relocate Her?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Smitzer, 22 July 2016.

  1. Smitzer

    Smitzer Member

    22 July 2016
    Likes Received:
    My mother is nearly 80 and has been living in her home for over 50 years. She is now living on her own due to ending quite a bad relationship, but due to her being lonely, she wants to start up this relationship again against our wishes (her children).

    She has had one fall already and suffering vertigo and has early signs of demetia. We want her to move to a retirement village to create a new and peaceful life for herself, but she just complains that she is lonely. We are all a good hours drive away from her.

    Do we have the legal right under family law to move her, sell her house, put the money in a trust so she receives a payment each week to live off? This is not about us getting the money, it is about my mum possibly living for another 15 odd years and where she will be living for those years.

    Would just like some help please.

    Thank you
  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    None. You have no right to do that.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page