QLD Ex Wife's Abuse Before and After Separation - Take Civil Action?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tessie

16 September 2015
My partner is going through divorce proceedings with his ex wife. During the marriage and after separation, she was both physically and verbally abusive. The reason that he left as she was doing these things in front of his four-year-old son.

When she found out that we were together the verbal abuse also shifted to me. She would call him 4-5-6 times a day and all the calls were abusive. She has threatened to shoot him in the head on numerous occasions, has threatened to cut his throat, hopes that when he drives back to work he has an accident and dies, etc, etc. We have all of these conversations recorded.

My question is, do we/he have any recourse in taking civil action against her for verbal and physical abuse and what does that involve?

We live in QLD

AllForHer

23 July 2014

Tessie

16 September 2015
We looked into it at the beginning of last year but at the time my partner was really worried if he did that she would stop any access to his son. We have since found out she can't do that as no parenting plan is in place. In the process of that now. But he decided against DVO at the time. But thank you for your reply.