NSW Email Communication to Finalise Court Orders Fails - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Brandon Taylor

11 July 2017
Out of my 54 days per year, the children only get 36 full days together due to their different school holiday schedule. She is now trying to further reduce that from 36 days to 24 days.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Look, obviously, your mind is already made up, so do as you see fit and good luck.

Thefactsonly

30 January 2017
Hate to say it mate but really the holiday split she is asking for is pretty standard and the argument that perhaps it would be good for you and your 5year old to spend some 1 on 1 time together is common - what dad wouldn't want jut to have that great bonding time? Don't worry so much about the other children, a sibling relationship will develop and evolve in so many different forms over time but you only get oe shot to be her dad. Fighting mum is hard, but whatever is going on at school is obviously being looked after by the school. wait to see what the principal says, I doubt there are huge concerns, but if there is understand the school would be watching the situation very closely!.

Brandon Taylor

11 July 2017
How are the kids meant to have a meaningful relationship when they see each other 24 days a year? Note* Either way I will have 20+ 'one on one bonding days' but as I have stated many times, it's about the kids...
Especially considering the ex does not encourage my daughter to acknowledge my children here as her siblings....
Me on the other hand, she knows I am her Dad. We have a wonderful bond etc.

While alternating first and last 11 days work if the holidays may make sense if the children were all on holidays together but as my children go on school holidays at different times, I believe making as much time for them to be together my main priority.

Her response of "well she won't get any holiday time with her sister here" doesn't make sense because they start holidays together.... and they would get a week together before I pick her up anyway (if I had last 11 consec days). Then my daughter would get to spend 8 full days with her siblings here.
This is the fairest way all the children get to spend time with each other.
So back to my original question, is this really so unreasonable for me to request?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
No, it's not.

Brandon Taylor

11 July 2017
School has responded. Principal said it was my ex's decision not to let my daughter go to camp and that while behavioural issues are occurring she has not put anyone into danger whilst at school. Which leaves me more confused to begin with?
Principal has also said my daughter has had 17 days off school so far this year (not including the 3 school camp days) - so therefore 20 days off school.

Am still awaiting reply from her solicitor.

My question now is, do I politely ask my ex (or her solicitor) what has happened and who was put into danger for her to not let my daughter go to school camp?
I can assume it was about her other sister but as I have another daughter <1 years, should I be aware of what happened so I am therefore more vigilant when she is in my care.

Should I be alarmed by missing 20 days off school? It's equivalent to 1 month off school.