NSW department of housing made me homeless

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

binboyd1973

12 July 2017
hello im wanting to take the department of housing to court for damages for pain and suffering,i had a 4 bedroom house in a quiet area,i asked area manager if i could move to a smaller home on the central coast,i was told no i need more reports as the coast is a high demand area and it will take some time to find a new property,because of my mental health i issues a letter from my psychologist to move out of this property now and wait for a property from the coast to come, i was told i could move to my mothers while i waited for a new place,6 months after i moved out i had rang to ask if they had found me a home as yet,i was told no you have been taken off the list as you moved out of the property before another place was found,i made calls to the federal member who found the department had failed me and did not follow correct policy,12 months later and some bully tatics i was housed in a private rental,i was visited by a lady named carmel who was high up in the housing office,she apologize to me as i should not have been made homeless and she put me back on the list to be housed urgently,7 months later she met me at a property that i was asked to look at it was in a bad area i stated that i didnt want it,she stated that it was the best out of the 3 they were going to give me so i agreed to take the property,i had a son with cerebral palsy so when i said i would take it,i had to pay for a modification report as the home was having renovations for a disabled person,that cost me $240,2 years after moving in my mental health got worse due to the violence of the area and drug abuse,i put in for another transfer all the while putting in complaints about the neighbor being a drug dealer and watching police raid her home.my first choice was the tamworth nsw as the wait list for this was 2 years for a 3 bedroom home, and as was the 2nd my 3rd was the central coast,i had a meeting with janine the manager of my local office and submitted my papers,i had ticked no to other housing co ops i only wanted department homes as the lease is longer and i ticked i need a 3 bedroom home i was moving out of another 4 bedroom.i was told i would get the central coast and she would make sure i had support here.i received a call from pacific housing i was only going to be offered a unit or villa i was offered a 3 bedroom villa in woy woy because of my mental health and not being able to come out of the exsisting home i said yes to taking it,i have to see a doctor regularly for a fractured back,no doctor bulk bill here so it a cost to me everytime,my 15 year old who also has mental health problems is now moving back to sydney as she is in a panicked stat because headspace can not see her on a regular basis,i also have no mental health doctor here so i am not able to get any treatment.the rent here is private with a subsidy so i pay $50 a week more than housing and the lease is only 6 months so now i am also feeling like i have to move at anytime which is making me feel lost and unsure again of my future.do i have a case to take them to court for damages as the last 5 years has been a living hell i would never have left the first 4 bedroom home in a good area if i knew i was to be homeless for 1 year then placed in a bad area then out of the departments care altogether.i have all the information in writing i have kept all paperwork and paid the freedom of information on my file which stats they did not follow policy correctly with me.thanks for your time.