VIC Charged with Stalking - Chances of Being Deported?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
I have not been to court yet
Deportation per se is not a penalty that the Victorian courts can impose.
If, however, you are convicted of an offence that carries a penalty of twelve months or more (even if you actually get less, or actually serve less),
then you are at risk of having your visa cancelled because you are no longer of good character.
Because every case is different, with many variables, we (that is, those of the users here who are lawyers) tend not to speculate on how possible any given outcome might be.

Paul Jones

21 November 2017
So basically if im convicted of this regardless if i dont receive a sentence i will most likely get deported

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
So basically if im convicted of this regardless if i dont receive a sentence i will most likely get deported
Too hard to tell without all the facts and back story specific to you and your case.
That's why I said
Because every case is different, with many variables, we (that is, those of the users here who are lawyers) tend not to speculate on how possible any given outcome might be.