NSW Charged with Stalking/intimidation

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

jaafari

30 September 2018
I was charged with "stalk and intimidate with intent to cause physical or mental harm".
I was in an extra-marital relationship with a girl for a year. The relationship was mostly smooth. But there were instance when she got angry that I won't leave my wife for her and ask to end the relationship. However, we always tend to get back together.

Recently, she asked me to leave her place which I did. She was crying.

Out of concern about her, I went to her place the next morning to check that she was OK. She called the police after a minor incident.

I was arrested and charged. I have no criminal record and never had any intention to harm her in anyway. in contrast I care about her a lot.

I'm not guilty so what are my chances to prove that and get my life back.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
I was charged with "stalk and intimidate with intent to cause physical or mental harm".
I was in an extra-marital relationship with a girl for a year. The relationship was mostly smooth. But there were instance when she got angry that I won't leave my wife for her and ask to end the relationship. However, we always tend to get back together.

Recently, she asked me to leave her place which I did. She was crying.

Out of concern about her, I went to her place the next morning to check that she was OK. She called the police after a minor incident.

I was arrested and charged. I have no criminal record and never had any intention to harm her in anyway. in contrast I care about her a lot.

I'm not guilty so what are my chances to prove that and get my life back.

Tricky situation, best get a lawyer and the lawyer will advice you best, i think you will need character references, putting this aside, from what you wrote, the "incident" seems something major as you will not be charged for something minor! I am not a lawyer but this is my opinion on what you wrote.

jaafari

30 September 2018
Tricky situation, best get a lawyer and the lawyer will advice you best, i think you will need character references, putting this aside, from what you wrote, the "incident" seems something major as you will not be charged for something minor! I am not a lawyer but this is my opinion on what you wrote.

Thanks Adam1user, the incident is that I went to her place, she want to talk from the window upstairs, i asked that she comes downstairs. while opening the door (which get stuck) and push it to help. She screamed loud. I left. she called the cops.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Thanks Adam1user, the incident is that I went to her place, she want to talk from the window upstairs, i asked that she comes downstairs. while opening the door (which get stuck) and push it to help. She screamed loud. I left. she called the cops.
This incident can be seen as violent attack if you are not able to prove that the door got stuck! I repeat this is my opinion only, and it is better to get an advice from a lawyer/solicitor.

jaafari

30 September 2018
This incident can be seen as violent attack if you are not able to prove that the door got stuck! I repeat this is my opinion only, and it is better to get an advice from a lawyer/solicitor.
Thank you Adam, the door does get stuck all the time.