VIC Warrant for 15 year old fine??

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Vicgirl77

23 March 2023
Ive recently found I have several overdue fines from 15 years ago.
Found on fines vic web site.
Is there a timeframe on a warrant needing to be issued? As I’ve been living at the same address the whole time. Licence details correct.
Also I found several fines have gone to Closed statue but no payment was given.
How does that work?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
several fines have gone to Closed statue but no payment was given.
How does that work?
The reporting Agency has likely said we won't enforce this matter through the courts.

I don't know of any timelines, but the longer the better from your perspective because if it goes to court, the reporting agency needs to provide all the evidence, and you get a defence of 'justice delayed is justice denied'.

Reactions: Vicgirl77

Vicgirl77

23 March 2023
The reporting Agency has likely said we won't enforce this matter through the courts.other

I don't know of any timelines, but the longer the better from your perspective because if it goes to court, the reporting agency needs to provide all the evidence, and you get a defence of 'justice delayed is justice denied'.

After posting I came to the conclusion there mustn’t be a timeframe as such if its still on a gov site .
They‘ve definitely added additional fees, Not sure by what means they used whether it’s just usual costs occurred or topped up by the courts, Im assuming I would of heard about a court date set, and the outcome letter at least. The site needs to show more details information!! Not just the basics it is…
“Justice Delayed Is Justice Denied.“
5 words no defensive wants to Covers a wide range of Scenario’s

not the bare basics like I found it did;
I will definitely remember the moto
Justice delayed is justice denied.

Vicgirl77

23 March 2023
The last sentence. I understand if that was rephrased to make a sentence that makes sense with ‘proper‘ English.
But correcting grammar i believe is for another forum.

Thanks for your personal input. Your general advice is welcome,