NSW Strata Title and Issue with Builder

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lizbeth

8 May 2015
Hi there, I have a strata title issue. strata does not wish to disclose the builder's report on a damage to my property (unit). The builder has advised that this a builder's fault - faulty construction which led to the water damage to my unit and my neighbour's unit. The owners corporation (body corporate) is claiming compensation as 'storm damage' to the building insurance to fix the problem of water leaking and the fixing of the damaged walls. The owners corporation has not asked for a report from the builder and does not wish to claim further damages like my carpet and my neighbour's floorboards under insurance. These damages are a consequence to the building's fault. I'm chasing this report from the builder and have asked him to take pictures since strata is not helpful and have behaved in the most unprofessional way.

I would like any help I can get on this since its not fair the way we are being treated as owners and the fact that strata does not appear to be concern about the builder's claim about the building being faulty. I do pay insurance just like any other owner. I don't have contents insurance.

Thank you