NSW Shouted the words 'Hey Sexy Lady' and 'Jihad Gun'. Got charged and convicted of Stalking, Threatening and intimidation

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

dangargoyle

17 November 2020
I am a black man living in Sydney Australia. I was intoxicated and was shouting a lot of incoherent words one night at a hotel. I saw a lady and shouted the words 'Hey Sexy Lady' at her. I also saw two security guards and shouted the words 'Jihad Gun' at them. This is exactly what is stated on the fact sheet. There was absolutely NO direct threat to harm any of them. However, the lady called the police who put me under arrest and charged me with Threatening, Stalking and intimidation with the intention of causing the other person to fear physical or mental harm. As usual, the Legal Aid lawyers encouraged me to plead guilty so that I could get a 15% discount. At court, I pleaded guilty, was convicted and sent to prison for a long time. I am diagnosed with a number of mental health issues including depression, anxiety and psychosis which were presented at court. I would like a sober analysis of this situation from a legal standpoint. Is this how the legal system works in Australia? Does shouting the words 'Hey Sexy Lady' and 'Jihad Gun' amount to a criminal offence? I am missing something?

Adam1user

5 January 2018
I am a black man living in Sydney Australia. I was intoxicated and was shouting a lot of incoherent words one night at a hotel. I saw a lady and shouted the words 'Hey Sexy Lady' at her. I also saw two security guards and shouted the words 'Jihad Gun' at them. This is exactly what is stated on the fact sheet. There was absolutely NO direct threat to harm any of them. However, the lady called the police who put me under arrest and charged me with Threatening, Stalking and intimidation with the intention of causing the other person to fear physical or mental harm. As usual, the Legal Aid lawyers encouraged me to plead guilty so that I could get a 15% discount. At court, I pleaded guilty, was convicted and sent to prison for a long time. I am diagnosed with a number of mental health issues including depression, anxiety and psychosis which were presented at court. I would like a sober analysis of this situation from a legal standpoint. Is this how the legal system works in Australia? Does shouting the words 'Hey Sexy Lady' and 'Jihad Gun' amount to a criminal offence? I am missing something?
Here you go again,,,,
Now I am sure you are not true in your stories, I am positive now that you are trying to stir things up here. Please read my response for your other post:
What says you are not true, is the fact that in Australia we don't sell consequences on discount (15%!!!!), you get what you deserve.....
Sorry you are wasting everyone's time to stair things up, go back to where you came from and do it there.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Here you go again,,,,
Now I am sure you are not true in your stories, I am positive now that you are trying to stir things up here. Please read my response for your other post:
What says you are not true, is the fact that in Australia we don't sell consequences on discount (15%!!!!), you get what you deserve.....
Sorry you are wasting everyone's time to stair things up, go back to where you came from and do it there.
Mistaken as ever, @Adam1user .

In fact, courts in NSW can, and routinely do, give a "discount" for a plea of guilty.
It can be anything up to 25%, either in time, or in severity of sentence.
The earlier the plea, the greater to potential discount.

Now, if (and that's a big "if") OP's story is true
(we have no way to tell, really) then we can infer certain things.
Not least of which is that he may not be a cleanskin.

Gaol is a last resort, when all previous penalties, imposed for previous offences
have failed to have a deterrent effect.
Eighteen months, for a guilty plea, where there was no blood drawn - for a purported first offence?
Going only by what we have here, I find it implausible.

Last edited:

Atticus

6 February 2019
I suspect that shouting Jihad gun as well (whatever that means exactly) was a big contributor to your problem....

No way you would get a sentence like that for the assault as you described it without priors

Adam1user

5 January 2018

In fact, courts in NSW can, and routinely do, give a "discount" for a plea of guilty.

Gaol is a last resort, when all previous penalties, imposed for previous offences
Eighteen months, for a guilty plea, where there was no blood drawn - for a purported first offence?

Here You go again!!!!

I proved you dead wrong in your field, and I can prove you are wrong again, I stopped responding to your comments as I don't want to waste my time. Here you go again trying to be a GOD again while you are the complete opposite!!!!

I think there is something called "Being sarcastic" which I wrote about a discount, and if you were a true lawyer, this is not called a discount in court! How can you call yourself a lawyer and not be able to use the proper terminology used in the legal field. I was sarcastic for this person as I caught him out, as he was trying to stir racism in this forum. Courts will give a lesser sentence for a person if a person has assisted in the process by pleading guilty or assisting the authorities in the process, but for sure the Judge/Magistrate will not give a 2 for 1 offers or other discounts!!!! You don’t understand life or how to apply the law.

Go get a life! So you read a law book and now you are trying to be a GOD!!!

From now on, I will comment on your answers showing how wrong you are.

For all who do not know the history of this, please read the following link to see how wrong this so-called-lawyer (or claiming to be a lawyer):

In every comment I write about you, I will have this link.

You could not tell that I was sarcastic in my answer to the above poster; you really need to get a life. For your information and enlightenment, I did not answer the OP question and I gave an answer as that OP was trying to stir the issue of racism in this forum and you fell for it. You really really need a life. Go and try and find one.

If you were a true lawyer and practicing law, how come you have so much free time writing worthless comments in this forum? A person has 24 hours a day, say 10 hours for sleeping, eating and bathroom, so there is 14 hours left, how do you spend them? Not practicing law for sure!!!

Did you notice that you did not even answer the OP question at all?

Finally, I was not mistaken at all! If you read what I wrote “A person gets what he deserves” I did not mention that the Judge/Magistrate will give a discount!!! And I am not a lawyer!!!!!

Adam1user

5 January 2018

Further to my answer above, I like to add the following comment:

Read the issue I wrote and you were dead wrong in it:

In summary, I rode a scooter without wearing a helmet, this is against the law and I am wrong 100%. The infringement at that time was $330 and 3 demerit points (as I recall, I may be mistaken), I went to court and gave my point of view to the Magistrate. You said to pay the fine and move on with my life. What has happened?

The Magistrate removed that infringement from my record as if it was not issued. So the Magistrate gave a 100% discount??????

This happened because I understood the law, how to apply it and I understand life, I was positively sure that the outcome will be to my benefit, if I had any doubt, I would not have gone to court.

If I listened to you, I would be worse off by $330 and had 3 demerit points on my record which will affect my NSW licence fees (you get 50%) discount (yes it is a discount in this case) and the good rating in my insurance.

Please do explain this? (Do not say I was lucky, if so, I would buy all the lottery tickets!!!!).

Docupedia

7 October 2020
I don't want to derail this thread, but Tim does have a 'LawTap Verified' sticker next to his name and LawTap state that they do check to ensure these people are appropriately credentialed: Trust & Safety
I appreciate you might have some history there, but the circumstances appear to indicate your claims of 'so-called-lawyer' are out of line.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney

Adam1user

5 January 2018
I don't want to derail this thread, but Tim does have a 'LawTap Verified' sticker next to his name and LawTap state that they do check to ensure these people are appropriately credentialed: Trust & Safety
I appreciate you might have some history there, but the circumstances appear to indicate your claims of 'so-called-lawyer' are out of line.
Are you Tim W with other account, trying to get additional support? I don't care if Tim W has a "GOD" sticker next to his name, he still does not understand law or how to apply it, he keeps repeating same thing as a brainless parrot. As your signature states, you don't give legal advice, so keep to yourself, and if I want your opinion, I will give it to you.
Read my comments in the above and do read my issue of riding without a helmet and see how wrong he was,
He attacks people without reason, as he thinks himself as a GOD and he is not.
He read couple of law books and thinks he masters it. He does not, nor do you. I really doubt that you and are different people. Why you interfere? No one asked you anything, just keep your smarts to yourself.