Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

VIC Requesting DHS to Investigate Child Support Allocation of Ex?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Sweeney Todd, 16 March 2016.

  1. Sweeney Todd

    Sweeney Todd Well-Known Member

    2 February 2016
    Likes Received:
    What powers of investigation do the DHS have with regards to Child Support?

    I received a call yesterday from DHS advising me that because my eldest daughter no longer wishes to spend any nights with me that my assessment has now increased by a further 18% as a result. I also know that her mother recently purchased a $70k+ vehicle and that she is on a declared income of a little under half of that amount. Further, I know she has a registered business.

    I have questions. Can DHS find answers? And how far can they go?
  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    Child Support bases its assessments on the taxable income reported by the ATO. They are not in a position to investigate where taxation fraud may be occurring, but you could speak to the ATO about it.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page