ACT Joint finance and ownership with expartner

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Oli424

17 January 2016
Canberra
Joint finance and joint registration of car with former partner. She has been paying the finance since we seperated.
I now need a new car loan for myself so I need to get my name off the previous finance (car not in my possession anyway).
How can I get off the finance and registration if former partner can't refinance nor pay out the car. Can I forced selling the car by myself?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Liroychicik

17 October 2022
I found it fairly simple, but I believe a significant element of difficulty for K-JDs and younger students is that things like landlord-tenant relationships, deeds, conveyances

Liroychicik

17 October 2022
I found it fairly simple, but I believe a significant element of difficulty for K-JDs and younger students is that things like landlord-tenant relationships, deeds, conveyances, BFPs/recording statutes, mortgages, securities, easements, licenses, HOAs, and so on are all fairly abstract concepts, whereas, for a second career or older students, it's possible to relate a lot of legal theory to practical experience - which helps immeasurably in understanding, The topic was engaging and intriguing to me. It was quite related to real life, as Comprehensive Guide on How To Buy Stocks in Canada said.