Interim orders over status quo

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

malcolm_smith

9 June 2018
I'm not preaching, on the contrary it would seem you are preaching the validity of homeopathics to me. I'm just flatly telling you that homeopathics are a load of crap and hold no medical benefit whatsoever. A placebo if anything.

If anyone ever has seen benefits whilst using homeopathic, they're seeing results they want to see or the results are just plain coincidence.

This is completely off topic though.

My question is about the likelihood of being able to get my final orders put in place, rather than the status quo.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Oh wow... There are some serious quacks here...
So Samantha Jay. NOPE I"M not privy to the Queen's medical records, clearly you are because you know she takes quack juice... OR is that something you read in women's day.... . I just took the mickey from there. So to take some advice from my mum... Just because the Queen chooses to be the figure head of some antiquated system that continues to oppress those who it has unlawfully colonised over the centuries. Doesn't mean YOU should do the same... Just because the queen drinks rosehip tea with a shot of blood from an African child doesn't mean you should...

Oh man... I need to calm down. Might try some camomile tea and follow it up with some bach flowers. While I'm there, I might try some colouring in book for practicing some mindfulness...

SamanthaJay - all of your 'evidence' is from your personal experience. That is not evidence. That is unproven personal experience. Ain't gonna hold up in court.

Old mate - you said that you have been instructed to stop using QUACK juice? by whom? Mate I've been there. Daughter comes to me with UTI. Take her to dr, get antibiotics... She goes to mum, the stuff gets thrown out and the kid is given cranberry juice... The infection doesn't go away and the mum decides it must be because of poor hygene at my place...

BUT To get back on task... Status quo vs your orders?
I'd expect the status quo to be resumed at interim hearing unless she makes allegations that the kids are at risk in your care...
What happens after that? Well what are you asking for?
Given the amount of time that has passed seems reasonable to go to 50/50. But I think that is the best result you can expect

malcolm_smith

9 June 2018
Okay, well it's the other way around, in that the child has come to harm in the care of the mother on a cyclic basis over the past 18 months.

I'm feeling like I'm in with a good chance.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Okay, well it's the other way around, in that the child has come to harm in the care of the mother on a cyclic basis over the past 18 months.

If this is true, one would assume you’re seeking primary residency and supervised time for the other parent?

SamanthaJay

4 July 2016
Sammy it's common knowledge the queen (the royal family) uses homeopathy. Why do you feel the need to throw insults around? I can't believe you're an English teacher. Hope debating is not in your course planning because you sound like a petulant little child that isn't getting it's own way.

Where, in the post I made about the queen using homeopathy, did I say everyone should because she does? My point was to show the absurdity of the poster's claim that his ex is using homeopathy when their child has a cough or a cold so therefore X should happen. Trying to show that the mother should have restrictions based on the fact she used homeopathy to treat a child with a cough or a cold is ludicrous.

And then Sammy takes my one sentence and expands it into all sorts of idiotic claims.

Australian law was adopted from British law way back Sammy - maybe judges in they system feel differently about the royal family than your mum.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Ok, look, this is tiresome - Yep, Australian law was adopted from British law way back. WE AGREE. Nope the judges TOTALLY agree with my mum about the unlawful colonisation of a land and dispossession of that land by the invaders. The concept was called Terra - Nullius and the JUDGES IN THIS COUNTRY disagree. It is called the Mabo decision and this is a law forum.

Bit busy right now... But I'm sure I can find at least one case in this country where parents were imprisoned for failing to provide adequate medical attention to a sick kid... They chose quack juice instead and the kid died.

Sure mum has the right to waste her money on potions. But shared parental responsibility means dad has some say here too and he has concerns that you have chosen to ignore. He as a parent wants his kid seen by a doctor. It would appear that your of the opinion that the fact that mum is using potions means his right to have some say over his own' kid's medical treatment should be removed???

I have no problem with people spending their money on alternate treatments. That is their choice. But this bloke has concerns about his kids. Does he not have a right to have an opinion about how his kids are treated when they are sick? of course he does... Even if that opinion differs from your opinion? especially so...

Just so we're clear here - I was not throwing insults around, or (acting like a petulant child... wee bit insulting...). I simply disagree with your assertion and the advice you were giving.

sammy01

27 September 2015
So I said I was busy, but would be able to find at least one example where the failure to provide adequate medical attention to a kid and they were imprisoned... I can. The child died. OH dear...
Parents guilty of manslaughter over daughter's eczema death
kid is dead - cause - quack juice... Nope I take that back. Cause of death? stupid parents..

You can't believe I'm an English teacher? You hope debating is not part of my game plan? Yet you accuse me of throwing insults?
Take some bach flower, if you want... And come back here with some decent evidence, a reliable source, a case? anything that that backs up your opinion and make darn sure that what ever you provide is more reputable than a label on Mr Blackmoors vitimin C tablets because If you don't I'll have no other option but to put you in the corner and put the dunce hat on you...

malcolm_smith

9 June 2018
That article is devestating. I haven't previously mentioned the condition I am referring to for my son. It is actually eczema that we are dealing with here also.