NSW Federal Circuit Court Decision Date - Attend in Person or by Phone?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tuchuzy

23 March 2015
Hi there,

We have been through our Federal Circuit Court trial (mid July) and now have received a letter about the decision. The letter advised on a date and time but said that we did not have to attend in person.

We have the choice to be there in person or over the phone. Also the decision is listed along with many other matters - i.e., not closed or the only listing.

I am wondering if this is normal? Does this indicate a direction for the decision?

As a summary, I was the Respondent and primary carer for 3 children under the age of 8. The father/applicant wanted to the custody of children after 3 years of a stable status quo with me. Some violence issues at separation by the father. Father has relocated since his application, and generally a high conflict personality.

Family consultant gave evidence - stating that any change to status quo would be very disruptive for children so young.

Thanks...

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Unfortunately, this doesn't indicate either way for what the decision of the court is, so best just to wait and see.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
If you wouldn't mind, though, I'm interested to hear what the outcome is. I've followed your case since you first came to the forum, so I'm interested to see what the judge decided.

Tuchuzy

23 March 2015
Thanks!

I have appreciated the advise... Silent support kind of!!

And yes I will let you know.

Do you have thoughts in attending or not?? I live over two hours away.

I understand it is all up to me but your thoughts have been very solid so far!!

AllForHer

23 July 2014
If the decision has already been determined, I don't see any benefit to attending in person. You may as well save the fuel costs and just attend by phone.