QLD I really want to away from my husband

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Amyinoz

1 October 2019
I’m worried about what would happened if I call police. He knows where I work. He might stoke me in the night time. It sounds stupid but it might happen if you know him.
I will do some action one day.
Thank you again.

457Visafraud

16 April 2017
I’m worried about what would happened if I call police. He knows where I work. He might stoke me in the night time. It sounds stupid but it might happen if you know him.
You don't know what is a family violence complaint.
Once Police arrives and kicks him out and they will make a report and send the papers to the Magistrate where a date will be set, usually after two weeks.
In the mean time he may not contact you, calling you, tell anyone about the complaint, he must stay far away from your home, your working place and anywhere he knows you are.
If he breaks any of these rules, he most probably will go straight to jail.
They will tell him the restrain rules and I believe he is not stupid so he won't do anything to break the Law.

au. saysno

8 October 2019
Hi. I have been married for 16years, no kids, bought a unit last year in both name.
I have borrowed whole amount of money from my parents to buy the unit.
My husband used to work but an unemployed for long long time. He stays in the house all day watching tv I’m the one working 5days a week, pay the bills and repay to my parents. We have been sleeping separate room for long time but I buy daily stuff and cook for us. He does look for the jobs but very choosy. He says he has a depression so I feel sorry.
We argue a lot. Because I cannot understand his rules. He controls me often and he is a jealous person. If I say the word back to him, he says I’m bullying him.
I have tried many time to leave the house but of course he is here to stop me. I cannot pack my back and sneak out because he is in the house all the time and my backpacks are in his bed room.
Before I do make some action, I want to know about Family Law.
The unit we bought, that’s because it’s in both name, I have to give him half?
He used to take some pills for his depression but not recently. When we argue, I say words to him, means to him, (he says back to me more though,) am I doing DV to him?

Sorry I’m from overseas so my English wasn’t good to explain.
hey sorry l do not understand. why do you think you have to escape in a sneaky weird way. not cool. you should talk and make your plan with him

william James

3 September 2019
Well, you are going through a tough emotional coaster ride handling all this is not an easy task. If you want to take divorce. First, the step should be to make a financial agreement that will help you divide property after separation. If you have come to a decision that divorce is the only option for you then hire good a family lawyer who can guide through all the legal pathways and help you to achieve the best possible outcome. taking divorce is not an easy task it requires consent order from the court. Divorce requires lots of hustle and documentation so you should who can help you legal pathways and support you emotionally as well if needed.