WA How to Know of Any Arrest Warrant from New Zealand?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

kiwikat

7 June 2017
Hi,

My partner has lived here in WA for the past 9 years and now has to return to NZ due to illness in the family. He is unsure if he had any outstanding arrest warrant or debts. Is there away to find out these things urgently?

Thank you

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi,
I suspect that he would know if he had an outstanding arrest warrant out for him. If his name is on here it would be a good place to start: Wanted to arrest

As far as debt orders are concerned they aren't criminal convictions so I don't think anything would flag when he entered the country. If it got to the point that it would flag as he entered the country I would expect them to have pursued him in Australia within the last 9 years.

Lekz

31 May 2022
Hi, if someone leaves New Zealand and hasn’t completed 10months visitation with probation officer. Is there a warrant for arrest out for them? Or Will they be arrested if they travel back to New Zealand?

Lekz

31 May 2022
Hi, if someone leaves New Zealand and hasn’t completed 10months visitation with probation officer. Is there a warrant for arrest out for them? Or Will they be arrested if they travel back to New Zealand?
Asking for a friend.