WA How to Get Restraining Order Removed?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

FindingAnAnswer1

21 May 2015
She said she started it before Christmas. We haven't heard anything. I just want to know what I need to do to take the fall for my actions.

And the phone was originally mine - now we just share.

And the other issue is, she's involved with child protection and they believe the child should be with the father. Did i just f**k up any chance of him ever having anything to do with his kid?

Seriously Sammy I feel way worse than you do. Appreciate the feedback though. Just tell me what to do to make this better.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
You most certainly put his chances in serious jeopardy.

My view?

You should take a seat and let the parents decide what happens next.

I think mum is right to pursue an AVO, and frankly, I think you need to accept that as a consequence of your actions instead of thinking you can change her mind with remorse. What's done is done, and this is the price you pay.

On the upside, an AVO isn't a criminal matter unless he breaches it. I would strongly suggest you get your own phone and stay well clear of her and their co-parenting relationship.

FindingAnAnswer1

21 May 2015
I feel horrible! I have no idea why I can't just be at fault for this and not him. What if we were to start court proceedings before she completed her application? We're saving up for a lawyer at the moment.

I'm guessing it'll take them a while to find out where we live. Can AVO be served at a workplace? Or can they contact a workplace to find their address?