WA How to Serve Divorce Papers Without Breaching Violence Restraining Order?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now


Active Member
4 October 2015
My current partner has a Violence Restraining Order on him from his ex wife. They have been separated over a year now and he wants a divorce.
He has had no contact with her since the Violence Restraining Order, so he doesn't know where she lives.
How can he get divorce papers served when he doesn't want to breach the Violence Restraining Order by looking for her?


Well-Known Member
23 July 2014
He can hire a process service to serve the papers on his ex. He just needs to provide them with as much information as possible about them. Serving papers is not considered a contravention of a protection order.
  • Like
Reactions: Newmember2015