WA How to Prevent Harassment When Restraining Order has Expired?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

NDM0808

12 July 2016
Thank you AllForHer. It's been a difficult time and it's nice to know there is someone that will listen and not charge me.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
My pleasure. Don't hesitate to ask more questions as they come to you and I'll do my best to help. Good luck.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Ok, I understand your fears... So no legal advice, maybe some psychology. It is bloody easy to catasrophise - think of worst case scenarios and if you think about them long enough they become more real.

Even after 5 years, every time I have to see my ex, I have to focus my thinking and not worry. It takes practice.

Now the reality is, he has not been sent to jail. Good. Hopefully, he has learnt that there are boundaries, but the law will protect you. The first bit of trouble and you go back to the police, and because he has a track record, the cops will be quick to act. That should bring you some comfort.

NDM0808

12 July 2016
Thanks Sammy01

I slept with one eye open last night. How sad is that?

He has left me alone since he was charged with breaching the orders. He has, however, been saying stuff to our daughter that have been totally inappropriate, knowing it will get back to me to create fear. I am fortunate in that one of the local Detectives that has been working on an investigation of my ex has given me his number and told me to call day or night if he starts to become a pest.