WA Help with Restraining Order Issued Against Me?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mark Tee Kay

1 January 2019
Hi all,

As stated in my other thread my ex recently took out a restraining order against me in WA. I have never been violent. I think she is just trying to get me kicked out of the house, you can see my other thread if you need all the details.

Can someone please help me with interpenetration of wording as when I contacted her previously and there was no reply, but I'm unsure if this is because was within the initial 21 days. There are things like bills payment of mortgage etc that are crucial to be discussed (not to mention when I can see kids) that would have devastating effects if we wait 2 years.

The restraining order has a part A and B for the conditions, in part A of conditions it states "no contact via facebook SMS text email etc" and in part B it has 3 paragraphs, the 1st of 3 states I can communicate via lawyer, the 2nd states that a parenting plan can be made and finally the 3rd paragraph states I can communicate via text message SMS message or email. I'm confused if this means I can do all this if a parenting order is made or if I can just contact?

I already emailed the paperwork to someone who offered to help me in other thread but as yet no reply since new years day - I'm sure he's busy but I really need to know, is there someone here willing to take a look?

Thank you

sammy01

27 September 2015
I reckon you can communicate to agree to meet to pick up / drop off the kids. But since you're in a different country I see no reason for you to be contacting the ex at all

Mark Tee Kay

1 January 2019
I reckon you can communicate to agree to meet to pick up / drop off the kids. But since you're in a different country I see no reason for you to be contacting the ex at all

I'm in a different country with the idea to let the initial emotion of it all cool down. I can return whenever I want. There are still shared bills and a mortgage that needs to be dissolved and I wasn't thinking of contacting her before I return, but also I'd like to know I can speak with my children. I think it'd struggle to live in the same city and have no access at all.