QLD Father Unsuitable to Attend Post Separation Program - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
Eg make new application requesting supervised access (another adult present in his home) until he provides further evidence of why he’s been deemed as unsuitable.
Eg contravention without reasonable excuse

I think you will find you are wasting everyone's time even suggesting guff such as this. People get turned down for services ALL the time. Your suggestions are laughable

Lennon

11 September 2014
Don't forget OP that your ex has complied with the order. He was ordered to provide a letter from Relationships Australia stating why he was declined. He has done this. The fact that you hoped that the letter would contain some information that is useful to your case does not mean that he has not complied (albeit 6 days late).

Your ex was not ordered to provide the court with any information about why he was declined other than the letter from Relationships Australia. He can't control what information is contained in that letter and it is pretty outrageous to suggest that his time with his children should be supervised because of the lack of detail in a letter written by a third party.

Bay

21 August 2015
Hi thanks for all the replies, I thought I’d share where this is at now.

I filed an application in the case not a contravention to bring this to Judge’s attention.

They ordered an urgent Family Report and limited visits to supervised until he provides far more information about being unsuitable for the POP programme.

He was also fined for contraventions which on here I was told I’m wasting people’s time and my suggestions are laughable.

Judge also ordered child support changes which were not even asked for so after 3 years are finally closer to correct going from $360 each month to $2,670 each month as ex was intentionally not declaring correct income and not filing tax returns knowing they would be intercepted.

Sorry not trying to offend but just an example of how incorrect non lawyers can be as every case is different.

The joy of dealing with a functioning narcissistic alcoholic ex who will spend every cent he has in court before paying for his children (there are positives to keeping the drunk text messages you receive from your ex - read by a disgusted Judge.

Nonfiction

17 May 2018
Victoria
@Bay - So a good result then?!

Yes, I could image a Judge being a little frustrated if the matter is still in Court and the orders they have made for a parent to attend a parenting orders program have not been complied with (especially when the parent is claiming the service provider has deemed the course inappropriate).

I am a little surprised, however, that the Judge made any orders in relation to child support. In my experience the Courts rarely entertain CS arguments unless on appeal from the AAT, or, to a lesser degree when bringing clarity to an issue.

Sorry not trying to offend but just an example of how incorrect non lawyers can be as every case is different.

If you want case specific advice, my advice is - pay a lawyer for this service rather than expecting to find all of the answers from opinions given on a public forum.

Reactions: MartyK

Lennon

11 September 2014
Judge also ordered child support changes which were not even asked for so after 3 years are finally closer to correct going from $360 each month to $2,670 each month as ex was intentionally not declaring correct income and not filing tax returns knowing they would be intercepted.

It is hard to believe that happened without an order being sought, given that the court can't make an order in respect to child support until the Registrar has been served with an application for orders.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
It appears as though more is happening than is being posted. Seems the OP asked specific questions without disclosing the whole picture making it hard to give accurate opinions.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
It appears as though more is happening than is being posted. Seems the OP asked specific questions without disclosing the whole picture making it hard to give accurate opinions.
For sure, there is no way this has happened as explained away by the OP (That's just my OPINION)