WA Ex Not Following Family Court Orders - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
Ok - look, I'm sorry that has happened - but really, was it a good idea to threaten to take the phone?

Sadly, family law means thinking outside the square when it comes to parenting. Ordinarily, taking the phone would seem reasonable, but this isn't an ordinary situation.

If it were me - I'd have asked the daughter for her phone number and then I'd have sent her a few messages letting her know how much fun you had with her and asking her what she'd like to do next time.

CasKat

1 February 2016
Ok - look, I'm sorry that has happened - but really, was it a good idea to threaten to take the phone?

Sadly, family law means thinking outside the square when it comes to parenting. Ordinarily, taking the phone would seem reasonable, but this isn't an ordinary situation.

If it were me - I'd have asked the daughter for her phone number and then I'd have sent her a few messages letting her know how much fun you had with her and asking her what she'd like to do next time.

Thanks Sammy, she wouldn't give us her phone number. We tried everything after the first day she told her mum we were intimidating her and her dad was "touching her inappropriately" (not the case, just more false allegations)

I have another thread on her (just recently asking about financial statements).

The daughter is the one with a 25 psychological report stating the mother and grandmother have alienated and damaged her to the extreme.

After this weekend's series of events, it is plain and clear the mother and grandmother will not allow or encourage any sort of relationship. So if custody is not reversed or visits a are not changed to our place of residence (1 hour flight or 6-hour drive) then we will be ceasing all proceedings as it is hurting all children involved (my partner and I have a 8-year-old and a 1-year-old to think about also).