NSW False Imprisonment civil claim

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jaywoo220

11 November 2019
As some may know due to previous threads, on 20th January 2020, I was charged with common assault when leaving a licensed premises.

The staff and security claimed I had stolen a bottle of whiskey and was the reason I was detained after I left the premises.

I claimed I was the victim and and any alleged action by me was self defence.

The licensed premises later admitted in court the bottle was not stolen but legitimately purchased by me.

During the encounter, I was grabbed, assaulted and falsely imprisoned, temporary depreived off the botle taken off me until police arrived and placed me into custody. I was transported 500km by correctives in a silver coffin and spent around 10 days in parklea.

Approximately $3000 went missing from my backpack from being restrained from security and placed into custody.

On 7th October I was found not guilty.

Do I have a civil claim for false imprisonment against the licensed premises, security or police? Thanks.

sammy01

27 September 2015
when did the $3000 disappear?
A) before the cops arrived
B) after the cops arrived
C) dont know?

As far as the fasle imprisonment... Have you gone to a solicitor with all of the facts laid bare and sought their opinion?

Respectfully the best you're gonna get from here is yeah, maybe...

But if you read the attachments in the two different threads that I've supplied you should have some solid stuff with which to compare. I reckon your best bet is to pay a grand to a solicitor for some solid advice with all the paperwork from the courts / cops etc and go from there.