QLD False Domestic Violence Claims - Ex Still Onshore After Sponsorship Withdrawal?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

HenryCH

30 March 2018
Hi guys,

My partner left me (she had 2 kids) on 14/FEB/17. She was on the 820 Partner Visa. She notified immigration (mid-late March) before I withdrew my sponsorship (May/17).

I withdrew sponsorship after receiving a letter from the police for an application to the Court (far away in an inconvenient location) for the application of a Protection order based on Domestic and Family Violence. The grounds for the protection order were about two and a half pages long, they included every form of Domestic Violence as listed. Much was just utter lies and easily proved wrong with evidence, but other such as looking funny at one of her daughters is very hard to disprove.

She implied I raped her by using two occasions of things actually said but at different times to sound like one event of r**e. All was very sneakily worded and she had lots of help from many of the women help groups to submit this application.

I finally found a good lawyer that I felt I could work with and decided to defend myself from the accusations. The other option is to plead guilty with no admittance but that gives her judicial evidence to get Permanent Residency.

18/AUG/17, Myself and my lawyer fly of for the court hearing, it took all day and the Magistrate determined that there was no requirement for the Protection Order and was not required to rule on any of the claims within.

So there is no judicial evidence, I supplied the Court Ruling to immigration.

As of today 30/MAR/18 they are all still onshore.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
Mate.. forget it. She will already have her green medicare card and be a permanent resident. I would bet good money on it. EXACTLY the same thing happened to me with a visa scammer and fake DVO claims when she vanished in the middle of the night with our son, right down to the judge totally dismissing her ludicrous claims but ....she still had her 2 year waiting period waived in just under 2 weeks. She is here forever get used to it :-(

AllForHer

23 July 2014
I agree with the above.

But if you don't have any kids together and you weren't married, who cares about her residency? It's not like you ever have to see or speak to her again, correct?

Quinito

25 June 2019
Hi guys,
I am now in the same situation as Henry's and probably many others. My ex-partner was having a secret affair with another person in March 2018 and when I found out, she took me for a mental maniac who "controlled her financiallly and abused her physically, emotionally" - what was stated in her claim form - which is a completely false statement (while she has her own saving account to put whatever earning she has in there, and i didn't have any access to her account, I opened a sub-account for her, so that she could have total access to all my saving). During our 2 years living together, we had had some heated arguments like any other couple, but I never once threatened her nor physically damage her. And the last straw came when she took her lover back to our home and slept there while I had to crash at my friend's place. I decided to leave our home for a while just so she could think about our marriage thoroughly, yet when I came back all I got was a painfully untrue claim of family violence. and that she acted on it through the advice of her heartless, money grubber lawyer Truong Bao. All information about her shameful affair was omitted, leaving just the bad occasions involving me. She's expecting to get her visa granted in another 6 months, and I will never be able to clear my name unless I have a huge wealth to hire a powerful lawyer.

The flaw of our justice system is just being too narrow-minded. What a shame!