Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

QLD Ex-Partner with Mental Health Illness Wants Daughter to Visit - Options?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by C Dobbin, 26 August 2015.

  1. C Dobbin

    C Dobbin Member

    26 August 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi There,

    I would like some advice regarding a recent separation. My ex partner had a severe head injury in Australia in December of last year. He has suffered a permanent disability to his mental health where he has difficulty controlling his emotions, ie. anger/sadness and can be forgetful at times .

    We have separated due to this issue where he became violent in our home. I receive abusive and threatening messages and calls majority of the time. He was moved back to NZ where we are both citizens, to stay with his mother in hopes that he may become more stable and continue to take his medications on a regular basis, and I have remained here in Australia QLD.

    However he still talks with our 7 year old daughter and wants her to go for a holiday over next school holidays. I am aware he is very upset and misses her so much but I am concerned that he may not return her to me. At times he has threatened to take his own life and our daughter's and even mine, and I am aware that if he decided to keep hold of her, then there is nothing in place for me to have her returned and he could keep her until a court date is set in NZ.

    I want her to see her father but I need urgent help on what to do under Family Law before she travels.

    Kind Regards
  2. Victoria S

    Victoria S Well-Known Member

    9 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page