QLD Education Law - Completed Assignments/Exams papers not being returned to students/parents

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Dolemite

16 October 2020
My daughters school has "a policy" that no student work will be returned to them once completed and marked. Not even a copy (was denied when asked). The teacher runs through the errors with the kids one on one if they are lucky. My child has a learning difficulty which makes it hard for her to retain/relay the feedback, thus also making it difficult for me and her outside support teams to identify 'what went wrong'? Is this legal? Do we/my daughter have a legal right to obtain a copy of the marked assignment/exam? Much appreciated.

Dolemite

16 October 2020
I agree. It seems sketchy. But having a policy is one thing, whether its legal is another.....I would have thought a student that has created the work for examination purposes has a legal right to have access to that body of work once examined. It would be ideal if I could say to them "legally, your 'school policy' is BS, and will fight the fight. But there is no point if the law protects their policy.