QLD Domestic Violence - Where can Person with Disability Get Help?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Hope this helps

26 March 2016
Have you ever watched those reality police shows? Notice how different it is to fictional police shows? In the reality police shows the criminals getting caught are usually as dumb as bricks. In the fictional police shows, the criminals getting caught are usually very smart.

In reality, you rarely see smart criminals getting caught. That's why it's reality, crime does pay, Karma is dead, justice is not guaranteed, you don't ride off into the sunset with prince charming and live happily ever after because that's real life.

You just have to breathe, relax, accept the situation you are in and don't be panicked into stepping on any more landmines. Let him be as cunning as he likes, let the baby have his dummy, good luck to him. Don't buy into it, don't engage him in the battles he has staged, chose your battles wisely. And do not say or do anything more without legal advice. Find a lawyer with whom you click.

Hope this helps

Yes, Clancy, I have no other choice than sit and wait. Personally, I think the law is made for honest people, not criminals because criminals do not follow rules. It is because of movies regarding crime, etc that people really believe that no one gets away with injustice.

Yes, you are correct in saying only criminals get caught and there's more dimwits, non-thinking, fool believing idiots than smart people. Hence, the saying ' Truth is harder to believe than fiction'. And the reality of court does not bother to look for truth, evidence, nor really interested in seeing justice done as I thought it was about. It's all about who can convince or where barristers are concerned, debate and argue better than the opposition.

People also have this belief that all criminals are ugly big mugs with tattoos, no job, missing teeth, dense no hopers. When in actual fact, like my ex, are charming, extremely good looking, gentleman, well mannered, clothed with a high paying salary and a soothing pleasant voice who appears he wouldn't hurt a flea. Hence, why children are easily groomed, men and women are easily taken in especially if they have sex appeal.

And for these reasons alone are shocked! It makes me put my head in my hands every time I here a person say : he/ she would never do that because I know his character or I've never seen or heard them do this n that! When in actual fact hardly anyone sees a person for what and who they really are. Most partners who live with their spouse don't even know they are killers, child molesters, drug dealers let alone out having affairs with men and women!

The fact is anyone can kill another whether in self-defence, are sick in the head, or by accident, or go join a radical group.

Yes, Clancy you are quite right. But there again I never believed in fairy tales, heresay, gossip or anything else as I do my own research - too practical, logical and if I wasn't forced, would not have married at all, as I had no intentions of doing so. And Karma...ppff. I agree.

Clancy

6 April 2016
Courts operate on the basic principle of what is most likely to be true, then put that attitude in combination with a large backlog/workload so they are trying to get as much done as possible without going into too much detail. It's the perfect playground for devious people to paint them the picture they want them to see.

Now, how you defeat that...

In my work, I do prepare a lot of legal cases and what our lawyer always says is that I need to keep a list of facts and dates in chronological order, like a diary...and keep all the supporting documents in that order as well.

So you really need to put the effort in to get all this in order so your next lawyer will have a proper understanding of the case and have the best chance of taking down the web of lies.

Hope this helps

26 March 2016

Wow Clancy, trying to figure out whether you're a poet or in actual fact have some insight? Yes been like this since a child. Love life, helping people, animals, all creatures and the wonderment of environment and universe. Would stand up to adults, teachers, principles if I thought injustice was being served and made sure it was corrected and the person apologies, honest and because I'm old now, can tolerate listening to people lie for 5mins now before I say anything. Lol yes love science, nonfiction,could never get enough knowledge. Northside.

Hope this helps

26 March 2016
courts operate on the basic principle of what is most likely to be true, then put that attitude in combination with a large backlog/workload so they are trying to get as much done as possible without going into too much detail..... its the perfect playground for devious people to paint them the picture they want them to see.

Now how you defeat that....
In my work, i do prepare allot of legal cases.... and what our lawyer always says is that i need to keep a list of facts and dates in chronological order, like a diary.... and keep all the supporting documents in that order as well.

So you really need to put the effort in to get all this in order so your next lawyer will have a proper understanding of the case and have the best chance of taking down the web of lies.

And I would do that easily if I could use my hands. I write with my thumb only on a phone. And that's when my hands are good.

You know Clancy you've given me more inner strength. Thank you. Maybe I will advertise for a person to help but I just don't know what sort of person to ask for because if they start reading just a paragraph, and people are curious, their face says it all.

They stop in shock. Oh I've tried but of course do not want people to be affected. I'm use to cutting up dead bodies finding nerves, etc at uni- to dealing with injured people, abused adolescence, prisons etc. Cleaning up a place after a body has been found dead in it for 5 days n the paramedics leaving the body fluid soaked clothing in the laundry sink instead of just leaving it on the bagged body - and that was a family member.

I can handle a lot of situations many females can't, hence why they come to me but when I say I can't handle something, and it will affect me - I can't.

Can you think of a person I could advertise to go through the documents, put them in order, at least, who could do this? I mean I could do this job for anyone else. Just not my own.

Clancy

6 April 2016
I think most lawyers have secretarial support options? So when you find a lawyer you need to ask them how much they charge to sort out and prepare the case history?

Hope this helps

26 March 2016
I think most lawyers have secretarial support options? So when you find a lawyer you need to ask them how much they charge to sort out and prepare the case history?
Ok thank you. I will try to locate one. Then try and find a solicitor who has deal with mastermind highly intelligent psychopaths. They are rare Clancy and Criminal solicitor hasn't necessarily come across or dealt with psychopaths, highly intelligent with legal knowledge n friends who help. He will represent himself against barristers and win.

Solicitors are easy for me and so are barristers and I'm not highly intelligent. But honesty is the worse downfall I have. Especially in court. Nor would I act or look like a victim so I guess that is why I would lose as you have to be prepared to play the game in court. Hence , why a legal representative is needed even when I was able to speak without difficulty.

I appreciate your help, Clancy. You have helped me find a way to try and get help.

Thank you, sincerely

Clancy

6 April 2016
They have all dealt extensively with that type of person.

The reason most lawyers fail is not because of ability, but because of effort. You have to remember to them its just a job, so they want to minimize how much effort they put in, get it done quick and move on to the next case.

Hope this helps

26 March 2016

The reason most lawyers fail is not because of ability, but because of effort. You have to remember to them its just a job, so they want to minimize how much effort they put in, get it done quick and move on to the next case.

Oh believe me, Clancy, I do realise precisely that attitude, which is why they better know more than me. From 18 years of age, I use to sit and watch cases. Knowing the laws in different areas I've never lost if it gets to court in the first place and since being in family courts for 10 years you soon know who is good and who is not.

I've done all the work myself and all the solicitor had to do is read in chronological order with dates in times only to find out when I asked him ( as just had a heart attack and lost my ability to speak etc) but not to write. I was so angry! Yes, I interview solicitors and barristers for that matter if I don't know them.

Hope this helps

26 March 2016

No, Clancy, they haven't. These people do not bother hiring barristers and solicitors because compared to them they are stupid, waste of money and just another shell on the beach.

You're talking perhaps dumb, psycho, loudmouth, threatening hoof heads. Not clever, highly intelligent, convincing liars that charm judges as they sit in the court before their case and watch the Judge, work them out as well as who they are up against and are smooth operators who think and change on their feet. Only met one barrister in all my time but no solicitors like this.

I class solutions as case workers but expect the barrister to be smarter and demand more info and research from a solicitor. But I will search for that legal person who is willing to sort out my paperwork for me and if possible find a solicitor who has energy, an honest strong work ethic conscious for justice.

Have my work cut out for me but if not a solicitor willing to follow the instructions of a barrister that is a quick thinker on his feet and who very well know , solicitors who are lazy, not thorough or have a strong work ethic let alone know the basics. They a dime a dozen. But, can't give up hope Clancy