NSW Family Law - Ex Refusing to Let Me See Daughter?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Conan Clarkin

2 February 2016
Hi,
I have a one year old daughter born [date redacted by Moderator]. My ex-partner did a runner on [date redacted by Moderator] with my daughter. My ex-partner is sinister, nassististic, vindictive and a drug addict and a drug dealer. My daughter and myself are victims of domestic violence.

I am a victim of physical domestic violence, abuse, slander, defamation of charecter, and emotional blackmail

My ex involves my daughter around drug addicts and recent drug users and current criminals.

My family has not met my daughter yet, and my ex now has her family, who had been on my side because we (myself, her family and my family) had welfare concers, on her side. My ex has somehow managed to put her family in front of herself and if I try to see or ask why she can't give me a valid reason as to why I can't see my daughter, they threaten to kill me.

I tried going to the police. I tried going to DOCS and DHS and no one will do a thing about it. I have a solicitor but I am still not satisfied that enough will be done. I amm not happy with the position my baby girl has been put in.

Under Family Law, what are my daughter's rights and what are mine?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
If there are no existing parenting orders, anything goes, which is why you must act to attain parenting orders.

Call Legal Aid and organise a family dispute resolution conference to try and negotiate care arrangements. If the ex doesn't participate or agreement can't be reached, then file an initiating application with the court.

Conan Clarkin

2 February 2016
If there are no existing parenting orders, anything goes, which is why you must act to attain parenting orders.

Call Legal Aid and organise a family dispute resolution conference to try and negotiate care arrangements. If the ex doesn't participate or agreement can't be reached, then file an initiating application with the court.

I have tried mediation. Ex-partner broke mediation agreement on the first visit and a total of 8 breaches in the first month. Refused to let me see my daughter. On the second visit, I got a certificate 60i, and a solicitor.

In the meantime, my ex is exposing my daughter around recently convicted criminals, drugs and domestic violence. Dhs and the police will not support me or my daughter because I don't have enough proof, until I put my affidavit before a Judge.

sammy01

27 September 2015
2 options:

1 - Find your kid and take him / her.

2 Get urgent court application.

Which one to do? Ask your solicitor