Do Queensland Police Carry Individual Recording Devices?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Peter smith

8 June 2014
Do Qld police officers carry recording devices on their persons while attending call outs etc as they do in the US?

Peter smith

8 June 2014
Reactions: John R

Peter smith

8 June 2014
I have requested to the police prosecutor to provide me a copy of the digital field recording and have been refused. The prosecutor cited, " the legislation is clear, that no case conferencing will be entered into except with a lawyer." Any clue as to what legislation she is referring to? One Lawyer has made it clear to me that he won't proceed for less that$1650 and that would be likely more than the fines imposed for pleading guilty. My recollections and that of a witness differ to what has been provided me in QP9. All I want is to compare my own recollections with the field recordings before throwing good money after bad to defend these charges and at the same time saving the courts and all involved the trouble and resources required to proceed. ... Anyone? ...