VIC Children are added to IVO and have parental agreement to see the children

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I there are family law consent orders the intervention order has no relevance!
Depends. Last in time generally wins if there is a conflict.

Atticus

6 February 2019
I there are family law consent orders the intervention order has no relevance!

Might want to familiarize yourself with Section 68R of the family law act.. >>>> FAMILY LAW ACT 1975 - SECT 68R Power of court making a family violence order to revive, vary, discharge or suspend an existing order, injunction or arrangement under this Act

(1) In proceedings to make or vary a family violence order, a court of a State or Territory that has jurisdiction in relation to this Part may revive, vary, discharge or suspend:

(a) a parenting order, to the extent to which it provides for a child to spend time with a person, or expressly or impliedly requires or authorises a person to spend time with the child;

NewMember

23 January 2023
Might want to familiarize yourself with Section 68R of the family law act.. >>>> FAMILY LAW ACT 1975 - SECT 68R Power of court making a family violence order to revive, vary, discharge or suspend an existing order, injunction or arrangement under this Act

(1) In proceedings to make or vary a family violence order, a court of a State or Territory that has jurisdiction in relation to this Part may revive, vary, discharge or suspend:

(a) a parenting order, to the extent to which it provides for a child to spend time with a person, or expressly or impliedly requires or authorises a person to spend time with the child;
Does it need evidence to cancel consent order?
or they just cancel it with no evidence of the allegations.

Atticus

6 February 2019
Does it need evidence to cancel consent order?
or they just cancel it with no evidence of the allegations.
If I read your initial post correctly, the kids have already been included in an interim order?

Regardless, yes all state & territory courts having jurisdiction can act under section 68R of the family law act to revive, vary, discharge or suspend existing parenting orders (in relation to who a named child may spend time with).

The court can do so on it's own fruition, or by the application of any person. There need only be allegations that satisfy a magistrate that an interim order including kids is justified, at least until a proper hearing where some evidence to support allegations would be expected..

I recommend you take advice from @Rod or a solicitor of your choosing regarding an application to vary ASAP.