VIC Children are added to IVO and have parental agreement to see the children

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

NewMember

23 January 2023
Hi .. new in the forums here .. anyone been in this situation?

Have a hearing at the magistrate court in two weeks for extension of IVO (and they included children this time) and now interim order in place.

I believe children were added in another attempt from the ex- so I don't see the children as the ex- has a history of this act.

Children were not added in the first IVO (almost two years ago) and consent orders started after granting the first IVO.

Will I be able to remove the children from the IVO as I rarely see the children even when they were not in the IVO and consent orders state I can see them.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Will I be able to remove the children from the IVO
Yes, but you likely need to take steps now.

What kind of hearing, and which court?

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
Get your application to vary in asap, and you need to make a request at the mention hearing.

We can assist if you need help.

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
See my signature for contact details.

We can review the consent orders and latest IVO application and work out the best way of presenting your case to have the kids removed from the IVO. Helps you if you were not at the initial hearing for the interim IVO.

Would be good to know if the consent orders were mentioned at the interim IVO appplication hearing.