SA Child withheld against interim orders. No access. Issue with child care centre

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

gunnerzzzz

8 March 2020
Well that's technically correct, but that's where you need to get orders that stipulate things clearly I suppose. Everything favours the primary carer because they have complete flexibility and choice about how to structure the time of the child while under their care (have them in daycare, take them out of daycare etc), whereas the non-resident parent tends to be allocated blocks of x hours on certain days and if there is to be any deviation from that, it has to be by negotiation with the primary carer parent who has no incentive to be flexible to the other parent at all.

Independent, but not a large child care group... an individual not for profit co-operative daycare. Still bound by all the usual rules and regulations of the state body though.

Similar to mine. Interesting.

Yea that's why I've always hated when lawyers try to put things in place, then say something like attend a mediation at the time the child turns x age or whatever to re discuss.

With orders in place, there's no incentive for the other parent to oblige in changing anything.

On a side note...

I had a mate tell me the other day, his brother went to pick up his kids from his ex under their orders awhile ago.

She wouldn't open the door and had her boyfriend in there laughing and sticking his middle finger up at him... Obviously trying to play off his temper.

He's got his orders re enstated, don't believe he had any make up time or any breaches applied to the mother.

Last edited:

rjm

2 February 2020
@ Been2Trial. Can't believe centre director locked you in office. Bloody outrageous & pretty much blatantly goading you into an argument.
Lordy, if a bloke had done that to my Dad he would of been beaten senseless. Wouldn't have happened in front of woman & children, but it definitely would of happened.
Of course kids are often going to cry when their Dad leaves if they're used to seeing him daily & then suddenly that changes.
Only thing I can say gentlemen is hang in there. I moved in with my Dad at 13. When the kids are older they have a bit more say in the matter.