Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Child Care Payment - What is the Best Interest of the Child?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Vinnie, 24 November 2015.

  1. Vinnie

    Vinnie Well-Known Member

    13 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    We have an interim order that states that I would have the baby for an alternate weekend and every Wednesday 4 pm to Thursday 9 am. The interim orders don't say anything about her sole parental responsibility and any payment.

    My questions are:

    - I asked the child care to let me have the payment, but my spouse stopped my payment from child care. She talked to the child care and said that she is the primary carer and she does the payment. It looks like she has sole parental responsibility. Is she right? If she 's not right, the child care should let me do payment.
    - I normally pick up and drop the baby off from her place to child care. Now, I pick up the baby from her place, she has to pick up the baby from my place? Or should I drop the baby to her place? The interim order does not say anything about who has to do the pickup and drop off.

    What should I do for the best child's interest under Family Law?

  2. sammy01

    sammy01 Well-Known Member

    27 September 2015
    Likes Received:
    She doesn't have sole parental responsibility unless that is written in the orders.

    Mate, how old is the child?

    If I were you I'd write an email to the ex and see if you can get an agreement about where the drop off's for the child are gonna happen and I really want you to think hard about how this is going to pan out. It is preferable to meet at a neutral location half way between the houses. but if the ex is going to insist on you doing the pickup and drop off then do it. Just so you can see your kid....

    If she insists that you have to go to her house then take a witness if you can. Make sure you don't get involved in any arguments. You must think long term. So what I mean is if you get to her house and she refuses to hand over the child just leave. Don't argue.... Yes you are in the right and yes she will be breaking the orders but arguing with her will not help your cause. Just leave and go home then speak to your solicitor...

Share This Page