NSW Should Father agree to contact centre?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Raerae

10 October 2018
My partner has filed an initiating application to gain access to his son. Interim Orders requested 5 nights per fortnight, and half school holidays, with Final orders requesting week about 50/50. The child is 5 years old.

The mother has unilaterally withheld access for 7 months now (not the first time). Prior to this over the past 3 years, she only permitted Father access at a playground of her choice and always with her present, he has not been given the opportunity to have overnight access. Mediation was in August and Mother insisted that he is only to see their son through a contact centre of her choosing, paid for by the Father. Father did not agree to use her contact centre but suggested an alternative, she declined and would no longer meditate. Sect 60i was issued.

There is now an AVO in place protecting the Father from Mother (she made death threats and threats to kidnap child after she was served with Initiating Application). Father is not a risk, no drugs, not an alcoholic, not abusive. The mother is the risk, she has been physically, emotionally and financially abusive towards Father throughout their 3-year relationship and after, now there is an AVO.

This week, she did the intake assessment for the contact centre Father suggested during mediation.
Court date is set for December this year. I believe Mother is now trying to show cooperation to save face for the Judge.

Question is if my partner decides to go ahead with the contact centre and this happens before the court date, will this help or hinder the Father's case?

sammy01

27 September 2015
it isn't gonna hurt. If anything he should have sucked it up and agreed to it earlier. It would have been great if I could look into my crystal ball.... Because if I could this is how it would have gone. He would have paid for the contact centre. She would show up, for a while, then every once in a while she wouldn't. He would still pay, He could email her asking nicely for her to re-emburse him for the expense of the contact centre. She would email back telling him something unpleasant and all of it would contribute to showing he is trying really hard and she is a twit..
But right now all you've got is she is a twit. Not a bad start... But my crystal ball would be better.