NSW Child access / Interstate Travel re COVID19 restrictions

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Misled66

26 March 2020
So true. Thank you for your objective support, and the link re cross border management.
He always dictates that I have to put forth the suggestions for him... so then he gets to choose. In the meantime he won't provide to me what he wants to happen, until it's not what he wants. Six years on and it's getting old. He has $ to take it to court. I don't.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Let him take it to court. Some stuff you can manage to self represent on and I reckon this is one of them.

Reactions: Misled66

sammy01

27 September 2015
another thought - offer to catch the bus with the kid.... Of course you'd have to do the return trip on your own. BUT then dad would have to do the same OR drive the kid to return him to you.

sammy01

27 September 2015
I just had a look Jetstar is flying on Saturday 18th. But it is double the price $152 one way. When is the child meant to go? is it a sydney / Melbourne flight?

Misled66

26 March 2020
A bus trip the whole way, could be around a 20-30 hour each way, if in fact we could find enough connections to do so (ie. train to train to bus, to bus). He wouldn't do the return trip. He would insist that the child go on a flight, that I pay for same, so that he would only need to make his way to the capital city (as is the normal routine).

Misled66

26 March 2020
I just had a look Jetstar is flying on Saturday 18th. But it is double the price $152 one way. When is the child meant to go? is it a sydney / Melbourne flight?

Yes. That's my plan if he insists for child to fly. 18 & 26th

sammy01

27 September 2015
Once you click on the flight at Jetstar it seems to only be $106 one way to Melbourne and $79 return... I reckon thta is your best bet. Trust me I know. I gotta drive 6 hours round trip to drop my kids off in Sydney. The ex has already expressed the corona isn't gonna change plans. The ex mentioned it best if the kids just get the thing and get over it so they can go back to school.... GGRR.

If the borders are not closed AND they're not. AND there isn't a mandatory 14 day quarantine period.. then I reckon you've gotta send the child

Misled66

26 March 2020
Yes. We have around 10hour round trip, and both of us have physical incapacities so will need to drive 2.5 hours each, then accom overnight in order to drive back, repeated over each weekend. But if it has to be done, then it has to be done. Hopefully masks, gloves and hand sanitiser will stop us from picking up any wayward bugs along the way. He has until midday today to get back to me if he wants me to book flights and make arrangements.

sammy01

27 September 2015
You don't live on the sth coast of nsw do you?

Do some research. I'm not a doctor, but what I've read suggests you're better off with clean hands rather than gloves... The thinking being clean hands can stave off bugs but gloves pick up the bugs. Kinda same with face masks. When Donald Trump comes out and tells Americans to make a mask at home FFS.... I'll listen to good medical advice...

Misled66

26 March 2020
A bus trip the whole way, could be around a 20-30 hour each way, if in fact we could find enough connections to do so (ie. train to train to bus, to bus). He wouldn't do the return trip. He would insist that the child go on a flight, that I pay for same, so that he would only need to make his way to the capital city (as is the normal routine).
Normally the drive is 1.5 hours each way to the airport.. but that airport is shut due to current issues. So instead of 1.5 hours, flying through Sydney will mean 4.5 or so each way depending on how many stops.