Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

WA Child Protection - Protecting Daughter from Physical Abuse?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by damion rowe, 14 December 2015.

  1. damion rowe

    damion rowe Member

    14 December 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi, I am inquiring about what I should do about my daughter. She lives currently with my ex-partner/her mother and my ex-partner's now current partner. My ex partner is allowing her now partner to physically hit my daughter in the head as punishment for misbehaviour. I require some help as to what I need to do about it.

    I have previously taken it to family court and have family court orders in place stating that none of us are allowed to physically hit her, but he is back to doing so. I was given some advice from the department of child protection to stand my ground with my daughter and tell her she is staying with me and not going back.

    Please help.
  2. sammy01

    sammy01 Well-Known Member

    27 September 2015
    Likes Received:
    How old is the child? What are the current orders around living arrangements? Are you prepared to have the child live with you full time? Would that require the child to attend a different school?

    Next - again, depending on the age of the child, you need to start getting a paper trail, that means getting the daughter to talk about it to other people. Doctors, teachers, etc. There are people who are trained to be "mandatory notifiers of child abuse". Basically, if she tells a teacher about what is happening, the teacher must notify Doctors. You need that independent paper trail.

    But the first thing is answering the questions above because the opinion you're gonna get is dependant on the answer to those question...

Share This Page