VIC Caught shoplifting at Coles

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Annie33

3 June 2021
Hi,

Thanks for sharing this with me. I'm in the same situation as you. I was wondering if you heard anything from the police after that?

Thank you so much.
Hi ,
I have a similar situation.I got caught at Coles two days ago by 2 Loss Prevention Officers with the items worth about $25. They stopped me at the exit and asked me to go back to the store and pay for the items. The lady officer was quite polite she didn't judge me or say anything bad. After I paid for the items at the service counter she took a photo of the items and the receipt then she said thank you for my cooperation and helped me to put items back to my trolley. She told me I am still welcome back to shop at Coles but just don't ever steal anything again otherwise I will get a fine next time then they let me go. I didn't sign any paper however the lady officer did take a photo of my driver license and said they will need to report to Coles. But they didn't mention whether or not they will contact the police.

Now I am really anxious as this was not my first time shoplift at this store but just got caught the first time. What if they found out more previous footage of me? Will they contact the police? Why they didn't ban me from Coles ? As I read most of the posts here if the person got ban most likely no police will be involved. I am so scared now ! Can not sleep ! Please help !

Annie33

3 June 2021
Hi,

Thanks for sharing this with me. I'm in the same situation as you. I was wondering if you heard anything from the police after that?

Thank you so much.
Hi Allisgood,

Have you heard anything from the police ?

Mjls

13 May 2022
Hello. Just wondering if any if you contacted by police after?