WA Application for De Facto Spouse Visa 'Same Sex Couple'

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Chloie

25 May 2015
I am currently in a de facto relationship, we have been living together in a de facto relationship for 8 months. I am on a single parent pension from Centrelink. We want to apply for a partner visa in 4 months but is me being on a pension going to affect our application?

Thanks - Any other help for things that would be good for our application would also be greatly appreciated.

Mitchell Kelly

8 February 2015
If you are in a de facto relationship, then you are not single. Obviously, the single parent pension will not apply to you. DIBP information can be shared with other government departments so you would be advised to disclose your full relationship history to the Department of Human Services, which may result in you having to pay back payments you have received that you were not entitled to.

Mitchell Kelly

8 February 2015
Providing for your partner financially does form part of the criteria for sponsoring a partner. As long as you can demonstrate you have enough funds to support each other for daily living expenses, receiving a pension won't automatically rule out the grant of a partner visa.

Chloie

25 May 2015
Providing for your partner financially does form part of the criteria for sponsoring a partner. As long as you can demonstrate you have enough funds to support each other for daily living expenses, receiving a pension won't automatically rule out the grant of a partner visa.
Thank you