WA - 485 de facto partner Subsequent Entrant

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
16 September 2020
My girlfriend is applying her Post Graduate Visa (485) in October 2020 , and I am planning to apply a subsequent Entrant on my partner visa before my 485 visa expires in October 2021. However, we've just been living together since July 2020 and won't meet the " one-year de facto relationship requirement" until July 2020.

However, I have recently came across to this statement saying " For an application for a permanent, Business Skills (Provisional), Student (Temporary), Partner (Provisional), Partner (Temporary), or a General Skilled Migration visa the de facto relationship must have existed for at least 12 months immediately preceding the date of application. "

Does "preceding the date of application" means her 485 visa application or the subsequent Entrant application?

I am looking for a lawyer to assist me with the application as well if it works.

Thanks

Last edited:
16 September 2020
My girlfriend is applying her Post Graduate Visa (485) in October 2020 , and I am planning to apply a subsequent Entrant on my partner visa before my 485 visa expires in October 2021. However, we've just been living together since July 2020 and won't meet the " one-year de facto relationship requirement" until July 2020.

However, I have recently came across to this statement saying " For an application for a permanent, Business Skills (Provisional), Student (Temporary), Partner (Provisional), Partner (Temporary), or a General Skilled Migration visa the de facto relationship must have existed for at least 12 months immediately preceding the date of application. "

Does "preceding the date of application" means her 485 visa application or the subsequent Entrant application?

I am looking for a lawyer to assist me with the application as well if it works.

Thanks

Her student visa expires on Nov 2020