VIC Workcover Claim - Complaint against Insurance Company - Pros and Cons?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Hammer

20 July 2015
I have a complaint against our Insurance Company's handling of my Workcover Claim relating to unethical decisions and unethical behaviour of case manager. Without going into detail, I was wondering if anyone has a good knowledge of best steps and options.

At this point I have only gone to the Insurance Company's own Complaints Department and I am not expecting much from them as they were barely even interested in hearing the complaint and allegations. Despite that, I believe that the allegations are solid and that the facts support certain wrongdoings. My options from here are Ombudsman, Workcover Authority, Local Minister or even press and as a last resort court action.

Does anyone know the pros and cons of each and which is likely to be more independent to best investigate the case in a fair and unbiased way?

JS79

2 October 2015
Perth
In my opinion, I would firstly look at complaining to the Ombudsman first as they are able to investigate the allegations that you have made against WorkCover. They will usually investigate the complaint in great detail. If the ombudsman fail to find any wrongdoing then the next step would be to go to the WorkCover Authority.

Reactions: Hammer

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Move up the position of your own legal action. Maybe place it second.