VIC Which Version of NHVR Law Does Victoria Police Use?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Gerken

12 December 2015
Hello,

I would like to find out what National Heavy Vehicle Law Victoria police should be using. I believe they are using a 2013 Victoria version, however, the latest on the NHVR website is late 2014, QLD.
This law is designed to be one law for all (participating) states. But I don't believe this to be the case due to this.

I am concerned I will be fined incorrectly.

Victoria S

9 April 2014
Why do you believe they should be using a 2013 version? As I understand it, participating states are required to have certain uniform regulations, however other aspects of heavy vehicle regulation remain as they were before the HVNL. Registration, inspections, driver licensing and all matters related to the carriage of dangerous goods are still the responsibility of the relevant state and territory authorities. Legal and court processes largely remain as they were, before the national law commenced.

Therefore VIC would still have their own set of rules and regs regarding these matters.