WA Should I Go to Family Court?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
Ah mate, look you've come this far... Maybe look long term. Aim for consent orders that increase your time as the kid gets older. Half all school holidays for example and an extra night a fortnight in 2 years and again in 4 years...

So it is all bluff - go to the thing. Tell her you'll go to court and that as far as you're concerned it is a foregone conclusion so you've got nothing to lose. As far as going to court? Look, I never wound up as far along the process - but I suppose there is something to be said for seeing it thru since you've come this far...

Or let's get strategic - Go in bluffing that court is inevitable if she won't agree to 50/50 - but use that bluff to get a few other things and hint at being prepared to forego court if she agrees to a few other compromises. What about you having every third Sunday of the month from noon - till 9am Monday?

Or a few other things...

But - look it is your gig - you gotta work out what you reckon is worth fighting for and what is worth compromising around.