NSW Shoplifting Coles, No Police, Signed Statement for Coles

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

akh

18 June 2023
I was caught shoplifting yesterday item worth $160, it was all food for my kids from coles. I explained to them that I was struggling this week and that I was not thinking right and I'm in tough place right now, she took a picture of my id and that is it, I didn't sign any documents and she said she might call the police. She was very calm and so was I. I did pay for the items I took, but apologies to the store manager aswell. I'm so embarrassed
Please help

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
I was caught shoplifting yesterday item worth $160, it was all food for my kids from coles. I explained to them that I was struggling this week and that I was not thinking right and I'm in tough place right now, she took a picture of my id and that is it, I didn't sign any documents and she said she might call the police. She was very calm and so was I. I did pay for the items I took, but apologies to the store manager aswell. I'm so embarrassed
Please help
If you paid for the items then there is no offence.
It's over.