QLD Queensland Police Refusing to Correct My Criminal Record?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
8 April 2017
5 years ago, I was involved in a vehicle accident in QLD. Initially, I was charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, then much later a further charge of grievous bodily harm was added to the charge because I had decided to fight my case. The outcome to date is that I have fought and won in Magistrates Court the first part of my case resulting in GBH charge being removed, leaving only still pending charge of "dangerous operation of a motor vehicle simpliciter". I am still awaiting trial scheduled later this year to fight the last part of my case.

Recently I applied to and received from the AFP a copy of my national police certificate and found the charge of GBH is still on certificate which reads as " dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing death or grevious bodily harm" charges pending and not "dangerous operation of a motor vehicle simpliciter".

Immediately I followed the AFP dispute process and raised a dispute regarding this matter, the AFP came back saying they had checked with QLD police and the charge was still current and correct. I then forwarded supporting documents to AFP Showing court case dates details & outcome.

The AFP again replied stating excuse that there is nothing they can do to help me as they have no "access to QLD police systems" so thank you and goodbye. I am now at a loss of how I should handle this matter as my current dispute is with the QLD police, whilst remaining professional I have no trust in the QLD police and cannot approach them directly.

I would be very grateful for any help or information on this matter....

Iamthelaw

13 September 2016
Try to speak directly with police to rectify the issue. Should they fail to adequately address it, you could lodge a complaint with the Ombudsman.

Given that you have the paperwork to back up your assertion, it should rectified fairly easily.