QLD Pending Assault Charge - Will This Affect My Employment?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mangalore

30 October 2018
Hi,

I had a incident while I was in WA and I moved to Qld now. My NCP says " Indecent Assault. Pending Charge No Appearance Warrant Issued". Will this be a problem for my employment in Qld? Can the employer request for further information about the incident from the police in this case? How long will will appear in my NCPs or how long do I have to wait for this not to appear in my NCP?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
So, do I have this clear?
You were charged with Indecent Assault, and you ran away to Queensland before your court date,
so there was a warrant issued for Fail To Appear (whatever that's called in WA)?

Mangalore

30 October 2018
No, The incidenet happened in june 2015 and I moved to Qld (got ajob) in October and from Qld came back to WA for questioning first time where the police said they don't have enough evidence to charge me and I said I am going back Qld and taking my family. Police said, it is not a problem. I got a call from Police in April 2016 and they decided to charge and I asked them what I have to do now? They asked whether I am coming back to WA, I told them I bought a house here in Qld and settled. I don't have any plans to go back to WA. They said, since you are in Qld, there is a problem and tey can't charge but they will charge me if I move to WA. I applied for Fit2work in 2017 and that returned as "" Indecent Assault. Pending Charge No Appearance Warrant Issued"