QLD Queensland Police Refusing to Correct My Criminal Record?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
8 April 2017
5 years ago, I was involved in a vehicle accident in QLD. Initially, I was charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, then much later a further charge of grievous bodily harm was added to the charge because I had decided to fight my case. The outcome to date is that I have fought and won in Magistrates Court the first part of my case resulting in GBH charge being removed, leaving only still pending charge of "dangerous operation of a motor vehicle simpliciter". I am still awaiting trial scheduled later this year to fight the last part of my case.

Recently I applied to and received from the AFP a copy of my national police certificate and found the charge of GBH is still on certificate which reads as " dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing death or grevious bodily harm" charges pending and not "dangerous operation of a motor vehicle simpliciter".

Immediately I followed the AFP dispute process and raised a dispute regarding this matter, the AFP came back saying they had checked with QLD police and the charge was still current and correct. I then forwarded supporting documents to AFP Showing court case dates details & outcome.

The AFP again replied stating excuse that there is nothing they can do to help me as they have no "access to QLD police systems" so thank you and goodbye. I am now at a loss of how I should handle this matter as my current dispute is with the QLD police, whilst remaining professional I have no trust in the QLD police and cannot approach them directly.

I would be very grateful for any help or information on this matter....


Well-Known Member
13 September 2016
Try to speak directly with police to rectify the issue. Should they fail to adequately address it, you could lodge a complaint with the Ombudsman.

Given that you have the paperwork to back up your assertion, it should rectified fairly easily.