Pinop In AVO Is Stalking Me & Talking To Me Online

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Brokendown

17 January 2018
Sydney
I have never had an interim AVO on me for the last 8 months as there's been many inconsistencies especially with the police and frankly I'm very aware that my wife suffers from a Personality Disorder and I need to be cautious 100% all the time or else I'll be in jail.

I've now been actively dating online for approximately 3 months I've had some very weird chats lately particularly the women that contact me first I find very strange. Nevertheless it has come to my attention that these profiles are actually my ex-wife trying to Gaslight me and I guess get her rocks off.

I've had two dates with other women and both of those relationships ended within 24 hours of meeting and both at 7 am I received a message saying thanks for last night but won't be able to see you again. Very strange as the night before there was no problems.

Out of curiosity I made a fake Facebook profile only to find out that my wife seems to jump from friend to friend asking about my personal life and subsequently has emailed a transcript of a chat between myself and someone else which was in fact my ex-wife basically trying to show that I'm cheating on whether I'm dating. It's also highlighted to me that when she stole one of my trusted devices before she took off she's used this mobile phone as a trusted device for me not to get notifications but login to the chat sites and contact the women that I've had dates with.

As I'm very aware my ex-wife is doing this for no mediation for the children and secondly to maximise what she gets out of this marriage asset wise. She's had a massive history of lying and practically nothing she says can be proven but being a woman she just makes a story and everyone believes that and I've got to defend myself as hard as I can to even have a slight chance of being able to live my life without an AVO.

Producing this to the court for the hearing what will this do? Is it enough grounds to say he's not a stalker you are?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
It is unclear what State you are in and what you are contesting.

I have never had an interim AVO on me for the last 8 months as there's been many inconsistencies especially with the police and frankly I'm very aware that my wife suffers from a Personality Disorder and I need to be cautious 100% all the time or else I'll be in jail.

^^ This is unclear to me. You say you have never had AVO yet are afraid of jail. What is your situation and what is happening with family court matters such as parenting, property etc?

Suspect you may need a lawyer.