Pinop - did i cause the ABH?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

erial.c

13 October 2021
Hi there,

my ex partner has now breached an AVO for the third time. we continued the relationship with the final AVO still in place and were seeing each other for three months. An incident occured two days ago on 11-10-21 where the police came and charged him with ABH and another breach.

I now am over thinking and over analzying the whole situation and also fearful of him and overthinking the court matters. I am not on his house lease and i had the spare keys - we had a verbal fight on the phone, he said not to come home and i still came - does that make me a home intruder? does that mean he hurt me in self defense? I also dont have any belongings in the house because i removed them two days prior.

This is also still so fresh and im in shock, and also heartbroken.

any advice i would appreciate.

sammy01

27 September 2015
My advice is to your ex. Please pass it on to him.... Don't go near you. He is going to go to jail if he does. Please pass that onto him.

Now this advice is for you - Do not go near him. You sought out a protection order because this guy hurt you... You ensured the police could arrest him just for being near you, but then you went to his house? Sorry, but that is dumb, if he is that dangerous and clearly he is THEN don't go near him...

Chances of you getting charged for home invasion? yeah, you'll probably get away with that one. Chances of him having a 'self defence' plea? Look hard to say based on the information provided, but if you attacked him - then maybe. But given the AVO it is far more likely that he is screwed on that front.

Now - just outa interest... This event 2 days ago. How did that play out? Please please don't tell me it went something like this... There was an argument on the phone - He told you to stay away - Despite this you went to his house - When there the argument continued - you called the cops - he got arrested? Please please tell me that I've mis-read that situation and it looked nothing like that.... IF however, the answer is nope that is kina sorta pretty much accurate then my advice to your ex is to run... Run... Keep running, change your name, move interstate, close down all social media accounts and get a new phone number. WHY? Well if you keep going near him he will go to jail...

My advice to you is to run... RUN some more, change yoru name, move interstate, close down all social media and change your number AND go seek some help from a woman's refugee or DV support service. WHY? Well if this guy has hurt you then you should stay away. The fact that you went to his house means you're struggling to see the bleeding obvious.