NSW How to Get Boyfriend's Ex to Stop Stalking Me?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jibbanez

15 September 2016
My boyfriend's ex has been causing him and myself grief. They've got a lot of legal stuff going on themselves, but I want to know is what I can do for myself.

When she doesn't get attention from him, she finds a way to contact me and emotionally hurt me. And I've had enough.

She'll hack all of his social media accounts and she somehow sends me messages off of his number even when I am with him - so I know it's not actually him. She used to call me off of her own number; I'm still dumbfounded how she got my number in the first place.

Most recently, she messaged me stating my parent's names in a text sent from his number. I don't know how she found that out - perhaps on Facebook through another account (I've blocked her and all known hacked accounts). She also has multiple phone numbers and I believe she has called our family home phone before. She calls, doesn't say anything and then hangs up.

She has also come around to his house, let herself in and stolen items of clothing (however, I can't prove this). I now also have to hide my car when I visit him as she stalks the house. Previously she has thrown paint filler from the back of my boyfriend's ute all over the windshield of my car.

Is there anything I can do to get her to leave me alone under Australian Law? I've had enough of the emotional torment. I feel like she always finds a way to contact me.

CathL

19 April 2014
Australia
Change all passwords - and the locks! If it is a persistent issue and causing you to fear for yourself, you may wish to speak to the police about a potential restraining order.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Your partner can make a civil application for a domestic violence order (or an AVO since it's NSW) against his ex and have you named as a protected party if he wishes. The police probably won't do it on his behalf, but if you call and chat with them, they can tell you what the process is for applying for one.