Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

HarleyJ

30 July 2018
Hi all,

On my way home today, traffic backs up on the freeway as usual. I was in the left hand lane, which at a crawl, merges right.

The P plater in the 4wd behind me, tried to overtake me on the left, via the emergency lane, as I was about a third of my way into the right lane. I cut left to block him (admittedly my error). Then I proceeded to merge right.

(I always indicate).

He then overtook my left and nudged in against my car, so I had to brake to let him in, folding back my mirror and leaving a nice scratch and dent. (Unaware of the scratch and dent at this point as he did not pull over, so nor did I)

I took a photo of his licence plate, as he pointed to his dashcam, we both gave a thumbs up, then I followed him for a while.

He knew I wanted to talk to him so he cut another vehicle off then cut off the truck in front of me and sped away.

I have talked to the police who are talking to him tomorrow, I am prepared to get insurance involved. Just wanted to know, was I in the right?

Thank you